One of my favorite well balanced meals to have for breakfast is my Protein Pancakes. These are not only delicious they are quick and easy. You can mix it up any way you like with the different fruits or even add some raw walnuts or pecans on top. Sometimes the simplest ingredients can create the best meals.
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Oats (I used Gluten Free Oats from Sprouts)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 5 Organic Strawberries
- Coconut Oil
- Melt a 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan.
- In the meantime mix eggs, oats, and milk in a bowl.
- Once oil is melted add mixture to the pan. Watch closely, once the corners start to brown add 1/2 of the cinnamon to the top.
- Flip like a pancake, add the remainder of the cinnamon.
- Remove from pan when pancake is golden in color and egg is cooked through.
- Top with fresh berries and/or nuts a little butter to taste and enjoy,
I would love to hear your feedback when you try these…. Your kids won’t know the difference from a regular white floured pancake..
Are you one who drinks your water with lemon or without? If you are one who chooses no lemon you may want to rethink your decision….
With flu season in full swing the extra boost of Vitamin C to your immune system is a very good idea. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning gives the body time to absorb the Vitamin C and potassium effectively. If your not a fan of water adding a couple wedges of lemon might just change your taste buds. If your having stomach issues lemon water may give you some comfort there too. It can help relieve indigestion and ease an upset stomach. It helps stimulate the liver and flushes out toxins which means less bloating.
Did you know that the antioxidants found in Vitamin C fight damage caused by free radicals keeping the skin looking beautiful. Another great benefit is it helps the body produce collagen which is essential in fighting those fine lines and wrinkles.
Are you reaching for that third cup of morning coffee? Let lemon water help boost your energy levels naturally. Also by adding it into your daily morning regime you can see some benefits on the scale too. Lemons contain pectin which is a fiber found in fruits which helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
With all of these great benefits I encourage you to give it a try. Simply fill a glass with water and add a few slices of lemon to it.